COVID-19 Match Day
Due to COVID-19 restrictions on crowd limits at venues, our Terms and Conditions on interstate member ticketing may be altered for each match. Members will be advised by email prior to each match in relation to these Terms and Conditions which will be specific to each match.
Due to COVID-19 and limited ticketing available for interstate games, interstate gold members will not be guaranteed access to a ticket for a match played in their state for 2020, or unless advised otherwise.
Members attending matches must adhere to venue COVID-19 rules and regulations.
We would like to advise that resale or transfer of these tickets is strictly prohibited, and Facebook groups and resale sites will be closely monitored during this time. Any tickets found to be advertised for resale will be cancelled by Hawthorn Football Club and will breach the terms and conditions of your membership.
Round 12 West Coast v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium
Please note that eligible members will need to follow a ticket redemption process for our Round 12 match against West Coast. Interstate gold members will not be guaranteed a ticket to this match and will be required to redeem their ticket before the deadline, or until the allocation is exhausted. Further information regarding when tickets will be available for redemption will be sent to members.
All ticket holders will be required to comply with the standard conditions of entry of both the Optus Stadium and AFL. Please read Optus Stadium's list of frequently asked questions here.
Round 13 Port Adelaide v Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval
Please note that eligible members will need to follow a ticket redemption process for our Round 13 match against Port Adelaide. Interstate gold members will not be guaranteed a ticket to this match and will be required to redeem their ticket before the deadline, or until the allocation is exhausted. Further information regarding when tickets will be available for redemption will be sent to members.
All ticket holders will be required to comply with the standard conditions of entry of both the Adelaide Oval and AFL. Please read Adelaide Oval's COVIDSafe Measures here.
- Health and Safety Conditions
You acknowledge that, even with rigorous capacity and control measures in place at AFL matches, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19 at an AFL match at this time and you have considered that risk and your own personal circumstances, including any health conditions or vulnerability that you may have or that of persons whom you will be in close contact with following your attendance at an AFL match. You acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences. By attending an AFL match you (and any persons who attend the match with you) acknowledge and accept these obvious risks.
Due to COVID-19 additional venue restrictions will apply:
- Please keep 1.5m between yourself and others. Do not approach players or officials for autographs or photos.
- Wash hands and sanitise regularly.
- Stay home if you're feeling unwell.
- Cough or sneeze in to your elbow.
- Food and beverage purchases will be sold by cashless payment methods only and MUST be consumed in your seat.
- Do not bring bags larger than an A4 piece of paper.
- No cloaking facilities available. Don't bring bulky items.
- Only sit in the allocated seat shown on your mobile ticket.
- Movement once in the stadium should be minimised.
- Follow directions of Venue, Club and AFL staff.
It is recommend all patrons download the Australian Government COVIDSafe app, and have it running on their phones with Bluetooth enabled at all times while travelling to and at the stadium.
Other Terms and Conditions
The following applies to Hawthorn Football Club members who reside interstate:
- Members (excluding 3-game, TAS 5-game, Vic Regional, GA Hawks Heroes, Auskick Junior Membership, Hawks Insider, International Digital, Baby Hawk and Toddler Hawk membership types) have the opportunity to obtain one (1) complimentary ticket including a reserved seat per member, per season for a game played in their state (ACT members have access to games played in NSW). Interstate Gold members will not be guaranteed access to a ticket for a match played in their state for 2020, or unless advised otherwise.
- Hawthorn Football Club is allocated a limited number of tickets to each interstate venue. More often than not, it is expected that the request for tickets will exceed this allocation. Should this be the case, a ballot process will be implemented and booking forms will be drawn randomly. Those members who are not successful will be contacted. Ticket(s) will be made available to download prior to the match through your MyHawks account.
- Should a ballot system be required; no priority system will be implemented. All 2020 interstate members (except 3-game, TAS 5- game, Vic Regional, GA Hawks Heroes, Hawks Insider, International Digital, Toddler Hawks and Baby Hawk membership types) will have access to the ballot. Group bookings will not be split during the ballot process.
- Seats will be allocated by the ticketing agent. Any seating requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Only one booking form per group request will be accepted and entered into the ballot.
- Information regarding matches played in your state will be communicated to eligible members a week prior to the match, with instructions on how to redeem a ticket.
- Some states may see two matches played, depending on the fixture. However, members will only be able to apply for one (1) of these matches, except if the club’s allocation of tickets has not been exhausted immediately following the set cut-off date. Hawthorn Football Club may make a special release of tickets in their allocation for other members to purchase.
- Should more than one match be played in a state during the season, Interstate Gold members must select one match on their booking form.
- Barcodes will not be active if a member is in arrears with payment for their 2020 membership.
- Depending on ticket availability, guest ticket purchases may be allowed. Members must indicate on their booking form their intention to purchase guest tickets. Members will be contacted by email approximately six weeks prior to the game if they are successful or not. Limit of 1 guest ticket per member.
- Should Guest tickets be available, bookings that include guest tickets will be provided a nominated cut-off date to opt out of this purchase. If guest tickets are cancelled after this cut-off date, a refund of the ticket cost may not be available.
- Should a junior member require an adult to accompany them to the game, a guest ticket can be requested on the Interstate Booking form. If a ballot is required, the junior member is not guaranteed a ticket. The club will not be held responsible if a junior member receives a single allocation without the club being notified of this request.
- Tickets are not transferrable and cannot be sold. Any tickets that are sold or attempted to be sold will be cancelled.
- If your ticket is no longer required, contact the Membership Department on 13000 HAWKS (42957) to return your ticket.
- Interstate Gold members who wish to sit with non-Interstate Gold members must register for tickets in the same booking.
- In 2020, all interstate tickets will be paperless. The club will communicate with members how tickets can be accessed for each match.
- Members with a Victorian address will not be allocated tickets for an interstate match. To be eligible for a ticket to an interstate match, the member must hold an address outside of Victoria.